8 Tips to Selling your Home
- Do you have a payout penalty on your current mortgage? If you are unsure, you should contact your lender and ask how much it will cost to break your mortgage term early and what costs are associated with doing so.
- If you are purchasing another home, is porting your mortgage an option? This option could save you a costly payout penalty. I would recommend speaking with your lender or mortgage broker if you would like to explore this option.
- Do you have enough equity in your home to cover payout penalties, real estate fees and lawyer fees? You must call your bank and find out how much your mortgage balance owing is.
- Are you purchasing a new home? Mortgage rules are constantly changing and this can affect what you will qualify for on your new property. Be sure to get a pre-approval prior to listing your home.
- Do you have a Real Property Report? Some buyers will request an up to date Real Property Report. If you need a new RPR, this may take up to a month to receive and it could cost you around $800-$1000.00 to have a new survey completed.
- Do you need to complete any repairs on your home? You must disclose any material latent defects when listing your home. The buyer should be aware of any costly issues.
- Do you need to “de-stage” your home? (Do you have a lot of personal items on display – you might need to start packing some of your belongings away to prepare your home)
- Are you ready to keep your home show ready? Buyers might request a short notice showing so it is good to be prepared at all times.
Contact me for a complimentary Market Evaluation.
I will give you some pointers on how to properly prepare your home.
Not intended to solicit buyers or sellers, landlords or tenants currently under contract.The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
REALTOR® contact information provided to facilitate inquiries from consumers interested in Real Estate services. Please do not contact the website owner with unsolicited commercial offers.