Let’s Talk About Spring Melt
5 Tips to Protect Your Home This Spring
1) Ensure your downspouts are down and extended away from the home. Ideally pointed to ground that slopes away from your home.
2) Ensure you have positive drainage all around your home (the ground slopes away from your foundation, not towards it) If you do not have positive drainage, it is a great idea to shovel and remove that snow away from your foundation.
3) If you have a Sump Pump, test it to make sure that it is operational. If you are in an area where there is a high water table and your sump pump runs pretty often, it is always a great idea to install a backup batter in case we have any power outages.
4) Check your eavestroughs and gutters for any signs of ice damming. Remove all debris from gutters that could slow or block the flow of water from reaching your downspouts.
5) Check your basement often for any signs of moisture.
Not intended to solicit buyers or sellers, landlords or tenants currently under contract.The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
REALTOR® contact information provided to facilitate inquiries from consumers interested in Real Estate services. Please do not contact the website owner with unsolicited commercial offers.